Hello from Castle Baconia where I – Teddy Bacon King – shall bake for you today!
Our Saturday activity here at the castle is to whip up some fabulous baconized recipe and today I’ve got a doozy. Everybody loves pizza – right? Sometimes bacon is “an” ingredient in a pizza recipe but not often is it the STAR. Well it sure is for this recipe. You’ll see what I mean!
- 1 pizza crust about 10-12 inches- homemade or ready-made but it’s up to you!
- 3/4- 1 lb bacon, cooked and cut into bite sized pieces ( If I have a 1 full pound I usually use it, the more bacon the better.)
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 2-3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Spread crust on pizza pan.
- Spread sauce on crust
- Sprinkle with half of the cheese.
- Sprinkle bacon on top of cheese.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-14 minutes of until crust is done and cheese is slightly browned.
Well if this isn’t a BACON BONANZA I don’t know what is!!!
I haven’t experimented but I’m thinking other cheese would be good too although you know how much fun mozzarella cheese is and it’s so traditional for pizza. Sorry about a totally baconized topping for all of you who don’t eat bacon but I bet you could devise a version of this “single ingredient with cheese” recipe with chicken – or shrimp??? Oh yeah………….just keep it simple.
Have a PAWSOME Saturday!! See you next week here in the kitchen.