Friends – Romans – Countrymen – lend me your kitchens!
HAHA – seriously – we’re gathered together to try out another yummy recipe that has bacon in it but other good stuff as well. Don’t know about you but my Mom and Dad LOVE a good sandwich so this is dedicated to my parents! BLTs are their favorite sandwich EVER but this is egg salad with all the BLT stuff added in. What a combo huh? Well let’s see how it looks and tastes after we’ve made it shall we?????
BLT Egg Salad Sandwich
Ingredients (this is for SIX sandwiches)
- 12 eggs
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- four strips cooked bacon crumbled (yes more bacon if you want to!)
- six grape tomatoes halved (if you’re not familiar with grape tomatoes – they are about the size of a grape in size and very sweet but ANY tomato will do)
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 12 slices of bread (obviously this recipe makes SIX sandwiches but you can adjust the bread AND ingredients for less or more)
- Place eggs in a large pot and cover with an inch of water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, cover, and remove from heat. Let sit for 10 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking. Peel the eggs and chop.
- Combine eggs with mayonnaise, Cheddar cheese, green onions, mustard, and pepper in a large bowl. Stir gently until evenly mixed. Fold in bacon and tomatoes.
- Layer egg salad and lettuce between 2 slices of bread to make each sandwich
OH MY GOODNESS…………….this really is delish. Mom and Dad are going to be having this very soon. If it’s good enough for the ROYAL MOM AND DAD I’d say it might be good enough for your KINGDOM (or QUEENDOM) too!