Hello Bacon Lovers! Today I have my Guest Chef and friend Raz back in the kitchen with me!
Yes indeed – it’s my buddy and pal Raz from FRIENDSFUREVER. Raz is joining me again today because his Mom Miss Sharon sent us a FABULOUS baconized recipe that we absolutely MUST SHARE with all of you. I thought it would be nice if Raz would help me out as we make this goodie for all of you today in the Castle………….
I’m trying to give you all a lot of FUN and tasty recipes for the holiday season – snacks, appetizers – anything goes! Ready?
Spiced Bacon Nuts
- 3 cups mixed nuts (roasted and salted)
- 5 slices thick cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add nuts to pan and coat with oil. Stir until peanuts are warm. Add in chili powder, cumin, brown sugar, salt, and cayenne powder. Stir in bacon and gently stir until well coated.
- Remove from heat and drain on paper towels for about 10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Now I must say that if there’s too much HEAT in this recipe for you (spicy stuff) then you surely can cut back on the amounts OR even leave out any of the hot stuff that your tummy would be mad at you for using. After all, food is NOT torture – it’s FUN!!!
My Mom makes what she calls “spiced nuts” every year at Christmas and they are SWEET – they do not have any “kick” to them. That’s why this is a very interesting variation – not only does it have bacon in there for some nice salt but there’s a little sugar and lots of spice. Since my Mom loves nuts that have sweetness to them, she used TWO tablespoons of brown sugar in this recipe. It’s TOTALLY up to you. Recipes are GUIDELINES so decide what you want and go for it.
Raz, it’s been a blast cooking with you today! Now that you’re an experienced Guest Chef you know you are welcome any time at all here in the ROYAL KITCHEN!!! Thanks for the help and please give your Mom a hug from me for sending in the recipe.
See you all next week for more bacon fun in the kitchen!!