Welcome Visitors to Baconia – the land where bacon rules!
I am your Chef, King Teddy – yes it’s good to be King………….and I take over the castle’s kitchen every Saturday to share a recipe with all of you who love bacon as much as we in Baconia do. Last week I gave you a VERY COMPLICATED recipe which is not “the usual” for me. I generally give you something pretty easy to make but threw you for a loop last week. I’m making up for that this week with not only an EASIER recipe but a very very yummy one too. In fact, this is one of the BEST snacks or “take to the neighbors for drinks” or “bring on a picnic” things EVER. And just for your info – this recipe calls for 8 strips of bacon but when we tested it we used TEN strips – like any self-respecting bacon-a-holic would!
LAYERED BLT DIP
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped lettuce
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Toasted French bread baguette slices
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese until blended; spread into a large shallow dish. Layer with lettuce, bacon, tomatoes, onions and cheddar cheese. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with bread slices.
Did I say EASY? Did you think I was kidding? This really is easy and if you’re a fan of the BLT (which the Royal Parents of ME are) then it’s right up your alley. Give it a whirl. Oh boy. And we discovered while we made this that I am a fan of cream cheese. HAHAHAHA
I know that you all are not “average” right? I know I’m not!
I’ll see you here in the kitchen next Saturday?