It’s a Bacon Kind of Saturday Here In The Castle!
Yes indeed it is AND we have a “guest recipe” this time too. It’s a recipe that I think has fascinated a lot of bacon lovers for AGES………….bacon weave ANYTHING is intriguing but pizza? Oh man that just HAS to be good! But guess what – they aren’t all that tough to make and I’m going to tell you about it now!
Before I start, a BIG THANK YOU to Sharon of FRIENDSFUREVER for sending this one to us. Ready with your pencil and paper???
This is what the crust looks like – note we used a few more slices of bacon than the recipe but it’s UP TO YOU how big to make your crust!!
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a large baking sheet pan with parchment paper. To form a bacon weave, line six bacon slices side-by-side on the baking sheet. Lift up and fold back every other bacon slice, then lay a seventh slice on top in the center.
- Lay folded-back slices on top of seventh slice, then fold back the alternate slices. Place eighth slice on top, next to the seventh slice, weaving like you did before. Repeat this process four more times to complete the weave.
- Place an inverted, oven-proof cooling rack on top of the bacon slices. This helps them stay flat.
- Bake 23 to 25 minutes, or until bacon starts to crisp.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and pour off as much fat as you can. Carefully remove rack, then spread with pizza sauce leaving ½-inch or so for crust. Top with mozzarella, pepper, onions, olives, and Parmesan.
- Return sheet to oven and continue baking until cheese is melty, another 10 minutes.
IF you google “bacon weave pizza” and see some of the photos you’ll realize that this is definitely worth trying. If you’re a bacon fan and even more especially if you like THIN CRUST PIZZA (which my Mom does).
So what do you say? This is one that would be fun to make………………..and delish too……………..just ask my Mom – she had a big smile on her face when she ate it with my Dad!
Mom looked a little like this only her tongue isn’t that long. HAHAHA
HAPPY CATURDAY! Your King