Greetings Bacon Fans! Your King awaits you in the castle kitchen!
I’ve got an incredible and imminently edible bacon omelette recipe for you but it’s NOT just bacon – there are so many good things in this you won’t be able to resist trying it. Honest!
We can all make a “regular” bacon omelette but when you get creative and add bunches of interesting OTHER things in addition to bacon you wind up with an EXPERIENCE – not just an OMLETTE. Why this is called a RIVER OMELETTE I’m not sure but who cares. It’s really good!
Ten Eggs (important ingredient in an omelette!)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 dashes hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1/2 pound bacon – cooked, and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 (4 ounce) can black olives, drained
- 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat an 8 inch square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and milk. With an electric mixer, beat until frothy. Blend in salt and hot pepper sauce. Stir in bacon, olives, tomatoes, green onions, mushrooms and cheese. Pour into prepared pan, and cover with lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until eggs are set in the center.
See? Not that complicated – oh and if you want more spice – add more hot sauce………….yep that’s what I said – in fact, you know this recipe isn’t different from most of the ones I pass on to you in that you can and should adjust it to your own taste. Some people don’t want olive in it – don’t put them in………some prefer cheddar so use it instead of Colby-Monterey jack……just go for it – after all, we fans of bacon know THAT’s the most important ingredient anyway!
Now – maybe you should give this a whirl for tomorrow’s Sunday breakfast? If you want to try it – you’d better go to the grocery NOW and get those ingredients!
You better believe it baby!
Your Bacon King and Chef