It is I – Your King – why in Mexican gear? Because today’s recipe is HOT HOT HOT !
Yes it might be a little dramatic but it got your attention – Si ?? Today’s recipe is for a SNACK using bacon but another ingredient is CAYENNE! Spicy stuff that is………but it’s awfully tasty on popcorn especially with the addition of some nice salty bacon!! This is good for watching a movie on TV or binge-watching a favorite series – or even some sports spectacular. Ready for this one?
Ole’ !! for Spicy Caramel Bacon Popcorn
- 10 slices of bacon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 10 cups of popped popcorn (1 cup kernels)
- 3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Line bacon side-by-side on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes, until crispy and brown. Remove and place on paper towels to drain. Press the tops with another layer of paper towels. When cool, cut into small pieces.
- Mix the baking soda and cayenne pepper and set aside.
- Prepare a large mixing bowl by spraying generously with cooking spray. Also, coat two spatulas with cooking spray. Dump the popcorn in the bowl.
- Combine sugar, butter, salt, and water in a medium saucepan. Cook without stirring on high heat, until it becomes light golden-yellow caramel. This takes about 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat and add the soda/cayenne mixture. Careful, as the mixture will bubble up! Add the bacon bits.
- Pour the caramel mixture over the popcorn and toss until coated evenly. Pour the popcorn onto a large baking pan and flatten and break into small pieces. Cool to room temp and serve, or store in an airtight container. The popcorn will keep up to four days in the fridge but I doubt it will survive that long because you will be EATING IT IMMEDIATELY!
I expect this will have you doing the Mexican hat dance all the way to the restroom. HAHAHA Sorry about that but hot stuff has that effect on some peeps…………
Make sure and have a nice cold BEVERAGE of your choice handy.
Doesn’t this popcorn sound good? Give it a try!
Now for no particular reason at all other than I find this terribly hilarious, here’s a little something for your entertainment after surviving another Bacon Blog from the Kingdom on a Saturday. ENJOY:
See you next Sunday with another baconized recipe………….Your King