Greetings Loyal Subjects! Your King has taken over the Castle kitchen yet again to bring you another FAB Christmas recipe!!!
Today it’s going to be an appetizer…………perfect for when your company arrives but Christmas dinner isn’t QUITE ready to put on the table yet. Just be careful they don’t eat so much of this that they are too full to have the MAIN EVENT! You may have to remove this after 15 or 20 minutes out on the buffet table for your guests! No foolin’ !
This is another one of those “easy to make” recipes too………when you’re busy in the kitchen making a big Christmas dinner for everyone you can just put this out and let everyone help themselves with crackers, chips, or crusty crostini – make it the night before and let it come to room temp the morning of your get-together…………
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) taco sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Tortilla or nacho tortilla chips (or something else you might like!)
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Spread in an ungreased 13×9-in. dish or on a 12-in. plate. Combine onions, tomatoes and green pepper; sprinkle over the cream cheese layer.
- Pour taco sauce over the vegetables. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Refrigerate. Just before serving, sprinkle with bacon. Serve with chips.
Well everyone I bet you already have your holiday meals planned right? If you’re still looking for a few “what do I feed these people before the main even???” ideas, this is a good one.
Cool ornaments for your tree if you’re a BACON lover!
Yeah – why not leave Santa a pile of bacon and a glass of milk instead of the traditional cookies and milk?????
See you next week for the next to last “bacon for Christmas” recipe before the BIG DAY.