OK My Fellow Baconians! Your King gave you some ideas for Thanksgiving and NOW – as we are a mere FOUR weeks away from Christmas – I will be giving you some ideas for FUN Christmas goodies involving bacon!
This first one is an appetizer that is ridiculously easy to make and maybe sounds a little weird but let me tell you – when they are so tasty that your Kitchen Staff eats them all up the minute they are ready then has to go back to the ROYAL GROCERY STORE to purchase two more jars of maraschino cherries – they MUST be good!
- 36 maraschino cherries, stemmed, drained and juice reserved
- 18 slices bacon slices, halved 36 toothpicks
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven’s broiler.
- Wrap each cherry with a bacon half, secure with toothpick and arrange on baking sheet. Drizzle reserved cherry juice over wrapped cherries.
- Broil in preheated oven until bacon is crisped to your liking, 3 to 10 minutes.
EASY? Oh yeah……..well I thought you might like an incredibly EASY recipe to start this Christmas extravaganza with………..and I think you will be glad I did!
Yes indeed I did and plenty of it!
You’ve got that right!
So over the next few weeks I’ll find some more fun recipes for baconized goodies you might like to serve to your holiday guests. It won’t be long now before you have surprise drop-in guests and they don’t come any more simple than this recipe and I’ll try to find OTHER “easies” for you too!
It’s the least I can do for my loyal subjects………….provide you with yummy foodables right??