Welcome to The Castle Kitchen! King Teddy is cookin’ !
Hello friends………….I had so much fun making that easy peasy simple snack for you last week that I thought I’d do another easy peasy simple snack for you today! My Mom is a sucker for crostini with almost anything on it and this is – well – almost sinfully delicious. You’ve GOTTA try it!
Almond Bacon Cheese Crostini
- 1 French bread baguette (1 pound), cut into 36 slices
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Dash salt
- Additional toasted almonds, optional
- Place bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-9 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise, almonds, bacon, onion and salt. Spread over bread. Bake for 7-8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with additional almonds if desired. Serve warm.
See what I mean? EASY………………and who’d have thought that bacon and almonds with cheese could possibly taste this good………..well………it’s a winner and it’s easy so that had my attention right off the bat.
What do you think??
Bacon makes everyone happy doesn’t it? I do recognize that not everyone eats bacon………or if they do it’s turkey bacon (which is delicious)……..but once in a while we deserve a treat – something we don’t normally eat because maybe it’s not that good for us. I “get” that believe me. But all of us need to spoil ourselves SOMETIMES!
Give this one a try. Trust me.