Greetings from the Kitchen of Castle Baconia! I am your King – TEDDY!
I’m here to share another fabulous (and this week fabulously EASY) recipe using our most favorite food item here in my Kingdom – BACON. Some recipes are toughies and some are just the opposite – incredibly easy – THIS is one of THOSE! Ready???
1 (16 ounce) package buttery round crackers (like Ritz or any other buttery type cracker)
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cut into thirds
- 1 pound brown sugar (you don’t need ALL of it – use as much as you like)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Arrange the crackers in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Top each cracker with 1/3 slice bacon, and sprinkle desired amount of brown sugar over all.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until browned and crisp. Serve warm.
DOES IT GET ANY EASIER THAN THAT??????????????????? No and while it’s ridiculously EASY to make, it’s surprising how delicious it is. Just a quickie snack or appetizer when you can’t find anything else to snack on OR serve those pesky last minute drop in neighbors!!!
Of course here at the Castle Baconia, we rarely have drop-in neighbors………….heck, we don’t have any neighbors anyway………..the moat around the castle keeps everyone away!!!
Yep – pull up your food bowl pup and have some bacon crackers!
One of our favorite HA-HAs…………..!!
You better believe it! Even a KING can be rather possessive about his BACON!!
Enjoy you stay at Castle Baconia won’t you? Just don’t disturb me as I nap in my Royal Chamber please!
Until next Saturday! Teddy, King of Baconia