Greetings from sunny Italy!
So here I am in Italy to bring you another example of how popular bacon is AROUND THE WORLD…………we’ve traveled to many countries so far and each of them gave me a recipe to share and today I’ve got yet ANOTHER one for you! This one might have a lot of ingredients but honestly it’s SUPER easy and SUPER fast to put together.
Tuscan Chicken, Bacon & Spinach Spaghetti
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook spaghetti or angel hair according to package directions until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water, and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook until cooked through and no longer pink, 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and slice into strips.
- In a second skillet, cook bacon until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and drain, then chop.
- Pour off half the bacon fat and add garlic, tomatoes, and spinach to skillet. Season with salt and pepper, then add heavy cream, Parmesan, and 1/2 cup pasta water; let simmer. Add spaghetti or angel hair and toss until fully coated.
- Add chicken and bacon and toss, then garnish with basil and serve.
Mama Mia is this good!
I recommend cannoli OR tiramisu for dessert……………..
I of course not only got a sample of bacon but chicken too when my “Mama” made this one. You can substitute whatever you want to but the recipe as it is really is delicious.
So next week I’ll be heading to another spot on planet Earth where bacon is loved and recipes can be found – I’ll be sure and share it with you my bacon-loving friends! After all, I’m taking this trip around the world because ALL OF US LOVE BACON right????
Until next Saturday – your King of Baconia will spend a few days in Venice!