Welcome to the Kitchen at Castle Baconia – I am your HOST, King Teddy!
Yep – only on Saturdays do I throw the head cook of my castle OUT for the morning and take over because I wish to share one of my favorite bacon-ful treats with all of you……my loyal subjects of the land where bacon reigns supreme – BACONIA!
Today I’m doing an unusual item – it’s a BREAKFAST cookie. What’s so great about these? Well for one thing they are great for camping/hiking because it’s a portable breakfast in a few bites (although there’s no way you can just eat ONE of these………ever……..camping or at home). Another thing is while they have a lot of ingredients, if you read the ingredients, they are all GOOD. And before you ask me, yes you can have more bacon in them than this recipe calls for. And also before you ask me, although I made these with the oat flour I imagine you could use ANY flour.
Peanut Butter Bacon Breakfast Cookies (say that five times fast!)
- 1 1/2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 cup Oat Flour (yes it’s a slightly exotic ingredient but it IS with the other flours in the baking aisle at the grocery!)
- 1/3 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- pinch of Salt
- 2 large Ripe Bananas, mashed
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup Peanut Butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Peanut Butter Chips
- 6 slices Cooked Bacon, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oats, oat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, egg, peanut butter, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the peanut butter chips and bacon.
- Drop by 1/4 cup scoops onto parchment paper or silicone mat-lined baking sheets. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned at the edges.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
It’s impossible to tell you ADEQUATELY how delicious these are. Trust me. You do trust your KING don’t you? Even our castle CHEF liked them when I granted his wish to try one:
That’s Baconian French for “these cookies ROCK”……………..so I know they are good for ANYONE!
Now, as you know, today is the ROYAL WEDDING at Windsor Castle……………we want to wish the happy couple all the best of luck and love………….and yes of course my Mom and I will be watching on the royal television set. After all, I’m a KING so I like seeing other Royals enjoying themselves and a wedding is such a beautiful occasion.
We hope they will be happy forever………..
It’s good to be King………..(or even a Prince!)