Que pasa?? Welcome to the Temporarily Mexican Kitchen at Casa De Baconia!
Since it’s Cinco De Mayo, how could I possibly NOT show you how to make something fabulous involving bacon? This is one most of you are familiar with but now you will know how to make them for yourselves!! A couple of notes: Avocado isn’t necessary but we are an avocado-loving household…….you don’t need kosher salt but it’s nice and chunky…….!
Ingredients: (makes four tacos)
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil. In one corner, make a bacon weave with 8 halves of bacon each, creating a square. Repeat to make next three weaves. Season with pepper. Place an inverted baking rack on top to make sure bacon lays flat.
- Bake until bacon is crispy, 18 to 20 minutes. Working quickly, trim each square with a paring knife or kitchen shears to make a round shape.
- Meanwhile, make scrambled eggs. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs with milk until well incorporated.
- In a medium, nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, melt butter. Pour egg mixture into the pan. Gently move the eggs around with a spatula, creating large curds. When the eggs are almost cooked to your liking, season with salt and pepper. Fold in chives and remove from heat.
- Assemble tacos: On a serving platter, fill the bacon taco shells with eggs. Sprinkle each with cheese, nestle in a few slices of avocado, and top with hot sauce.
Have a couple of these to start your Cinco De Mayo celebration and you’ll be ready to do the Mexican Hat Dance!!
I won’t keep you – I know you have places to go and things to do on this oh so special day……………..but whatever you do remember to enjoy this fun special day……………
Mexican Hugs, Teddy Ole’ !!
Ginger mustache or black curly??? Not sure – I tried on both for this post! HAHAHA