It’s a Double Blog Day! Something NEW and something OLD
HUH? What are you talking about Teddy?! Well, today I’m starting my blog post off not with the Friendly Fill-Ins Blog Hop but with a special INTERVIEW from yours truly, intrepid reporter Teddy with my guest and good friend Gracie who is the power behind the throne known as THE TABBY CAT CLUB! Yep – there IS a club just for tabbies and Gracie started it. I am proud to say that both Angel Sammy and I are members of this group and I thought YOU might like to know about the Club (if you’re a Tabby you for sure want to know – right???!!!).
Welcome Gracie! We’re excited to have you with us this morning!
I have a lot of questions to ask you and I think we should start with the basics. (Gracie’s answers in green!)
- Gracie please tell our viewers why you created the Tabby Cat Club and how long it’s been around?
When I first started blogging in the fall of 2009 I started visiting and making new friends. While doing this I could that there was a club called The Tuxedo Cats and another one for the calico cats. I kept looking to see if could find a club for tabby cats. I kept looking and asking my friends if they knew of such a club, I was told there was no such club. That is when I decided to start up The Tabby Cat Club. The first post for The Tabby Cat Club was November 15, 2011. Now after over 7 years, 138 members, and 2,416 posts we are still active and growing. I brought a poster showing the Club when we reached 100 members:
- What are the requirements to join?
It’s EASY to join! Here’s what’s required:
- You must be a tabby cat – What is a Tabby? The tabby pattern is a naturally occurring feature that may be related to the coloration of the domestic cat’s direct ancestor, the African Wildcat, which (along with the European Wildcat and Asiatic Wildcat) has a similar coloration. There are four tabby patterns that have been shown to be genetically distinct: Mackerel, Classic, Spotted, Patched and Ticked.
- You must have a blog
- Your human must be 16 years of age
- You will need to email me. The link is on the sidebar of the club blog (email@example.com)
- You will need to send in your email to me a full body photo of you
- You will need to let me know what your name is so I can make you a TCC badge
- You need to tell me if you are a girlcat or boycat
- You will need to send me your blog link
- You will need to let me know your birthday date and gotcha day date
- I will need the name of your human. This will be kept private. It helps the mom here know who is who.
- Can you please tell us what kinds of things the Club is involved in or does for fun?
The list of events hosted at the Tabby Cat Club is endless. Here are SOME of our typical fun times at the club ~ celebrating birthdays, holidays, going on many trips (in the USA or traveling abroad), posting embarrassing photos of our humans, telling secrets about ourselves, helping friends in need of prayers, and many many many more. Here’s a poster of us enjoying a trip to Paris!
- Why should tabbies join up?
There are many reasons for joining the TCC. You get to meet other tabby cats and can share information with our humans about our healthcare, favorite foods, new products, fun toys and ideas to keep us happy cats. The best thing is meeting and making new friends. Sometimes even the humans become good friends as well as us Club members! Two of my mom’s best friends are tabby moms that met through the club.
- What kinds of activities do you have coming up at the Club in the near future?
There are already new events starting at the club this month! On the second Wednesday of the month we will have “Wordless Wednesday” and on the fourth Wednesday of the month we will have “Caption This.” We will also be planning on some trips abroad, heading to the Indianapolis 500, having a big Super Bowl Party, and a Mad Hatter Tea Party. These are just a few of the things to come and many more will be planned. Our great graphic designer, Angel Sammy, creates participation badges for Members that participate in our special events and they are fun to collect as proof that we’ve “been there/done that” at our Club. Here are a couple of examples of our participation badges:
- Do you have a Facebook page or is the Club associated with any other social media?
Currently we don’t have a Facebook page but we are planning to start one up for the Tabby Cat Club soon.
- How do you plan and organize so many events?
It takes many tabby cats to run the club and I am so fortunate as the founder of the club to have two special tabby cats to help run things, Raz, Events Coordinator; and Angel Sammy, Events Graphics & Administrator.
Well Gracie, you’ve given everyone a lot of information about the Tabby Cat Club, and as I said earlier, Angel Sammy and I can vouch for the fact that it’s a fun club so I hope that having you as my special guest today will get some of our Tabby friends interested in contacting you to join up! Oh – I wanted to show our audience my TCC badge so you will see what Gracie will make for you when you become a member!
Thank you Gracie! And Tabby audience members – join up today!
Visit the TABBY CAT CLUB HERE
Email Gracie at Gracie1915 @ frontier.com
Now for PART TWO of my post today which is the Friendly Fill-Ins. As you all know by now, this is a fun hop co-hosted by my friends Annie of McGuffy’s Reader and Ellen of 15andMeowing. They each five us TWO sentences each week with blanks in them and we fill those blanks in – what do we accomplish??? Well we learn a whole lot of fun stuff about each other – that’s what! If you’d like to join in our fun every week (or even just today!) – just click the badge above and fill out the LINKY form at McGuffy’s Reader. You’ll be one of the IN-CROWD then with your fill-in post.
This week I thought I’d fill in the sentences all by myself instead of letting Mom do it!
1. New treats are fun to try.
2. I love to nap on the beds in the master bedroom AND the guest room too!
3. When I was a child, I loved to play chase the red dot and since I’m STILL a child, I STILL love it!
4. One time, I got to chase a bunny rabbit in the backyard that was almost as big as I am but Mom caught up to me and the monster bunny got away.
That last fill-in is true too – we do see bunnies around from time to time but this one was BIG. Mom and I were on a walk and I was on my harness/leash and I was pulling so HARD when I saw the monster bunny (which she didn’t see) that she lost the leash from her hand and off I went! Probably it wasn’t as BIG as I thought it was at the time…….but it was bigger than most of the bunnies we see. Who could resist that? Not me! I never did see that one again though. Sadly most of the bunnies around here get caught by hawks or foxes.
Thanks for sticking with us through this super long post. Don’t forget to check out the Tabby Cat Club if you are a Tabby – we have fun there…..!