I May Be King, But I’m Also Head Baker!
Seems our fabulous Chef here in Baconia is not fond of baking – he loves all his other specialties (and so do we!) but baking is not his fave SOOOOOOO, I told him that I would happily take over baking chores even though I am the KING!
First I thought I’d make a Chocolate Bacon Bomb Pie – just the name sounds like something we should all try at least once right? Bacon and chocolate are a good combo!
Chocolate Bacon Bomb Pie
- 3 cups pretzel twists (you can use whatever pretzels you have, I used twists)
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1 stick of butter, divided
- 1 package Fudge Stripes Dark Chocolate Cookies from Keebler (11.5 oz)
- 12 oz package of bacon, cooked and diced (1/4 cup reserved)
- 3 eggs
- 1 TBSP vinegar
- 1 TBSP flour
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Crush your pretzels and in a large bowl combine them and 1/3 cup melted butter and 1/3 cup sugar. Mix to combine.
- Press the pretzel mixture into a pie plate and bake for five minutes.
- In the same large bowl (no need to clean it out) crush your chocolate cookies. Now add the remainder of the butter (melted), the bacon (remember to save 1/4 a cup), eggs, the remainder of the sugar, vinegar, and flour and mix well.
- Gently pour the mixture into your pie crust.
- Top with the remaining bacon and the chocolate chips.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over it and bake for 35 minutes or until the edges of the pie begin to turn golden brown.
Alright – so that’s kind of a complicated recipe but doesn’t it sound NOMMY?????
Every Saturday I will share a recipe with you Baconians………………how’s that for a SHARING and CARING King?
Thanks boss…..that’s a load off my mind!
I think we deserve a few laughs now don’t you? Some of our favorite giggles!!
And since Tuesday is Halloween (even here in Baconia!)
I thought you’d like to see my Halloween outfit!
Think this will scare all the little ghosties
who stop by my throne room for TRICK or TREAT???
Have a snack before you go????
Happy Bacon-Ween everyone!
Where’s the door to the throne room???