Two For The Prize Of One!
WHAT A DEAL!
We have two posts to do today – we’re helping Bacon at PigLove out with the Shopping Around The World monthly post he does – by hosting for him so we’ll have THAT post as well as the usual Friendly Fill-Ins post which is co-hosted by McGuffy’s Reader and 15andMeowing!
First up – Friendly Fill-Ins! You can click McGuffy’s Reader link above if you’d like to join up – just go there and use the linky tool to include your blog post in the fun OR just visit everyone else’s posts! This week we let our Mom fill in……….aren’t we nice to SHARE???? Take it away Mom! Her answers are in RED!
Shopping Around The World!
This month’s assignment was to do a main course dish which contained no MEAT, FISH or CHICKEN……………..so I’m gonna tell you about Mom’s fave – slow cooker Mac and Cheese!
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni (16 oz. box $1.39)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (16 oz. $5.49)
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided (16 oz. $2.99)
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk (12 oz. $1.49)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted (1 can $1.89)
- 1 cup 2% milk (128 oz. $2.69)
- 2 large eggs, beaten (1 doz. $1.15)
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika (on hand already!)
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add butter. In a large bowl, mix 3 cups cheese, evaporated milk, condensed soup, 2% milk and eggs. Pour over macaroni mixture; stir to combine. Cook, covered, on low 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until a thermometer reads at least 160°.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cook, covered, on low 15-20 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 10 servings.
Mom whacks this whole recipe in half sometimes but then again you know what? This is one DY-NO-MITE leftover dish too………..so making a whole pile of it at once is dandy – you can have it AGAIN a few nights later!!!! WOO HOO!!!!
There you have it – a double poster today!
Bacon will be hosting his Shopping Blog again next month!
Happy Friday from the “DYNAMIC DUO”