What a Combination huh?
Well, the reason for the crazy post title is that I’m doing TWO things today (so what’s new right?)……………I’m FINALLY thanking my friends at The Cat On My Head for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award which they did a week or so ago – I was up to my eyeballs in Teaser and other planned blogs so couldn’t respond at the time. BUT I’m responding today by answering the questions they posed when they nominated me and ten other friends for the award!
I have received this award several times in the past but you know what? It’s always nice to have someone think you’re worthy of any award so I sincerely thank my Kitties Blue buddies for the honor. Here are the questions they posed and I let my Mom answer them!
- Who is your favorite author? There are SO MANY, but currently it’s Kathy Reichs – I love forensics; it just fascinates me to no end, and she really has a way with a mystery thriller and truly knows her “stuff” !!
- Why did you start blogging? Blogging was a way for me to “ease” back into writing after a battle with cancer for over a year – I had been writing what was to be a mystery series and stopped after the first book to take time out for a year of chemo………during that time I LOST my joy for writing…..blogging has given it back to me! Besides, it’s fun to give Sammy a “voice” !
- Beach or mountains for vacation? DEFINITELY mountains………I spent four years living in Florida as a beach bunny in my early 20s and got that out of my system – I much prefer a quiet cabin in the woods on a lake with the sound of birds in the trees and a rocker on the porch.
- What is your favorite indulgence? Chocolate? Travel? It’s a toss up.
- If you had an unlimited amount of money, what would you do with it? Find a way to get every homeless person and animal a home – not having “roots” is a terrible and lonely feeling and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.
- If you could live any place in the world, where would it be? That is tough…..I love where we live now but would also love to live on Cape Cod…..my husband would choose a little village in Italy!
- What is your favorite form of exercise? I am not into sports – I used to love to walk but after my last surgery it’s problematic…..I think if I had my own pool I’d swim for exercise.
- What is the most unusual job you’ve ever had? I’ve had some interesting jobs….but the weirdest was as a “presser” in a dry cleaning plant!
- What was your first job? I was a civilian with the Department of the Army, Telecommunications Directorate, Communications Security Branch (!) – I was a clerk-stenographer.
- Do you believe in ghosts? Yes…….although I’d call them “spirits” rather than ghosts.
- Where do you get your news: newspapers, TV, computer? I read the Sunday newspaper only……and get overviews from the computer and TV.
Thanks Mom! We are supposed to nominate ELEVEN other bloggers for this award but we already have seen it EVERYWHERE so coming up with eleven people who haven’t already been nominated is impossible – so if by some miracle you haven’t been nominated AND you want to comply with the rules (below) – as well as answer MY eleven questions for YOU, GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate eleven other bloggers, adding their links and asking them eleven new questions.
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated.
These are my questions for those of you who want to answer them and pass on the award to your friends too!!
- If you had one wish – only one – what would it be?
- Which of these would you NEVER try? (a) skydiving (b) deep sea diving (c) parasailing (d) learning to fly an airplane
- What’s your favorite day of the week and why?
- Do you prefer eating out or cooking at home?
- If you could change ONE physical characteristic you have – what would it be?
- What’s your favorite time of day?
- If you were traveling to another continent, would you prefer going by ship or by airplane? Why?
- Most of us like our own names, but if you could pick a DIFFERENT first name for yourself, what would it be?
- What’s your favorite plant or flower?
- If you HAD to give one of these up for a month, which would you choose? (a) your television, or (b) your computer?
- What’s your all time favorite car?
There you have it……………….Thank you again Kitties Blue!
Now, let’s EAT!
Do enjoy your day – whether it’s bacon-filled or nap-filled !
I shall be spending mine in true Kingly fashion…..resting up for Sunday Selfies – a King must look his best after all!