Welcome to my little contribution to Bacon of Pig Love’s monthly shopping/sharing/recipe post where we get to see prices of foodables around the world AND share a recipe with the universe at the same time.
This month’s “shopping challenge” was to purchase stuff to make your favorite GRILLING FOOD!
One of my Mom and Dad’s favorite things to cook on our grill is SALMON…………I have no objection to that whatsoever because without fail, Mom always shares with me!!!
This one is super easy…………….GRILLED SALMON IN FOIL
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each) (price: Fresh Boneless Salmon Filets $9.99/lb.)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (Price: 3 oz. shaker $2.49)
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning (Price: 3 oz. shaker $1.89)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (Price: 3 oz. shaker $3.89)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (didn’t add salt)
- 1 small onion, cut into rings (Price: One 5 oz. yellow onion $0.16)
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped (Price: two 9-oz. tomatoes, $1.40)
- Place salmon, skin side down, on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Combine the garlic powder, lemon-pepper, curry and salt; sprinkle over salmon. Top with onion and tomatoes. Fold foil over fish and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings
YUMMERS!!!!!!!! Salmon is one of my favorite flavors of Fancy Feast too…….tee hee….but FRESH salmon – what a treat.