Hi Everybody and welcome to CATURDAY with Sammy!
What an exciting day yesterday was. Lots of people stopped by to see the School Daze Contest entries and vote. Thanks to you for that and if you haven’t voted – go for it. Polls will close tomorrow at 4PM EST so there’s time AND you can vote for as many entries in each category as you wish! Here are the polls again and Savannah – I MANAGED TO GET YOU IN THERE!!!! Everybody Savannah has votes already – yesterday I couldn’t add her to the poll so asked for votes in comments and she got some…today you can CLICK to vote for her and everyone else! WOO HOO (thanks Polldaddy for cooperating).
I also want to thank my super duper beautiful friend Misaki for nominating me for an award – this is a way cool award – it’s a “triple decker” one in fact. THREE IN ONE! I actually have all of these in “single” form but this is all three in one badge. Thanks Misaki for thinking of me. I’m linking back to you and going to come up with seven things about me (it’s getting tough to think of seven NEW things!!!) and while I’m suppose to nominate up to 15 friends, honestly I think everybody has these in single form but if you’d like the triple decker – PLEASE DO TAKE IT FROM ME MY FRIENDS – just follow the rules please. Link to the person nominating you (me!), notify the recipients via comment on their blog, list seven things about you…….
SEVEN THINGS ABOUT MOM (because I couldn’t think of 7 things you don’t already know about me!):
1. I wanted to be an archeologist when I was growing up……(no kidding)
2. My first job was with the Department of the Army…….(but I was a civilian, not in the armed forces!!)
3. I think I’ve already told this BUT I lived in Weisbaden, Germany and Taipei, Taiwan in addition to several states in the US of A thanks to my Dad being in the Air Force – I still LOVE traveling
4. I’m a cancer survivor – SEVERAL times (woo hoo)
5. I used to sell my oil paintings and pen/ink drawings in shows, studios AND a gallery in a hospital
6. The most cats I’ve ever had at once was three…..but would LOVE to have a house full (crazy cat lady at heart)
7. I used to write poetry ALL THE TIME……lots of it……and edited a book of poetry for a publisher some years ago which put me in contact with Maya Angelou who contributed a poem to the book
OK Mom……thanks for that – I think everybody’s tired of hearing about ME now they can be tired of hearing about YOU too….HAHAHAHAHA
The last thing I want to tell everyone is that Mom and I were featured on our beautiful Canadian songwriter/singer/artist Cat Forsley’s blog “Fervour & Forever” yesterday. You can visit the blog to check it out HERE ! Thank you Miss Cat. You’re the BESTEST.
That’s about it – don’t forget the polls will close tomorrow so vote while you can – and send your friends to vote if you’re in the contest!
HAVE A SUPER CATURDAY EVERYONE!
Your Pal Sammy
PEE ESSS If you haven’t bought raffle tickets at Mollie’s yet to benefit Benny and help him with his treatment costs, PLEASE DO! We have!