Today is my friend Henry’s birthday party. Are you going? Everyone is you know……….we’re all going to help him celebrate turning SIX today. I’m on my way now – I’ll see you there?
Click Here To Visit My Three Moggies and go to the PAWTY!
Something else that’s FUN is that our friend Mollie has put some NEW stuff in her shop – have you been there lately? She and her Mom are always cookin’ up something new for cat, dogs and critters (including HUMAN critters) so make sure you visit the store on her blog just to keep up. No doubt there’s something that you simply CANNOT do without !
Another FUN thing is that tomorrow is my friend Odin’s birthday – PAWTIES, PAWTIES, PAWTIES……make sure and wish him a happy third birthday tomorrow and I hear he’s having some giveaways to celebrate – wowzers!
And one more piece of news…….although maybe this isn’t in the FUN category – I guess my Mom would have to make THAT call – but day before yesterday she decided to start another blog. Yep – sure did. It’s going to be about writing – her writing and other people’s writing and who knows what else she’ll get up to over there but now she won’t be putting stuff on MY blog about HER writing! Here’s where she is but trust me – it’s probably going to be BOOOOOOOOOOOOORING unless you’re a writer or want to write or wish you could write – know what I mean????? I mean if you had two different blogs you could look at – which would you choose? One about a fun-loving ginger kitty OR one about writing. Easy-Peasy…..ME ME ME!
Just kidding Mom – I’m sure your blog will be very stimulating (tee hee)!
Yesterday on Savannah’s blog I read the good news that our friend Leo who’s currently residing at Savvy’s place while her parents are fostering him, is EATING A LITTLE BIT OF KIBBLE on his own! That’s what we were all hoping for. That’s a very good sign – let’s all hope he eats more and more and soon he won’t need that feeding tube. She also told us how much money was raised by Mollie, Alfie, and their Mum’s FANTABULOUS auction and raffle and it was a LOT LOT LOT of money to help with Leo’s care. YAY!
Leo would thank you if he could !!
So, let’s all make this a HAPPY Friday OK? We’re in the middle of a rather HOT spell here where I live – hopefully you will have a nice day wherever in the big wide world YOU are!
I’m going to be in the SHADE today!
HAVE A TOTALLY PAWSOME FRIDAY FRIENDS………
Love and Kitty Hugs, Sammy
I’ve been TAGGED – by a ginger girl kitty cat named Dinnermintz HERE ! If you don’t know her and her animal and human family, you should check her out – there’s a LOT going on there. Tag is a meme that gets passed around the blogosphere and involves telling some things about yourself, answering questions posed by the GRAND INQUISITOR (hahaha), and then after you answer their questions, you make up more of your own and pass the “tag” on to more of your friends.
The rules for this meme are that I must post a photo of myself (gee – I suppose I might have one or two here somewhere…..HAHAHA):
Me napping (which is a frequent occurrence around here)…..
Then I need to list ELEVEN random facts about myself!
- I’m very nosy….I like to explore drawers, cupboards, cabinets, closets…..and if I can’t open it myself I scream until my Mom finds me and helps!
- I get upset if I’m on my Mom’s lap and she starts TALKING – I want quiet when I’m sleeping!!
- I let my Mom and Dad trim my nails but my little “extra toe” is hard to get at and I usually give them a HARD time when they’re trimming that one…..
- My favorite time of the day is early morning when it’s dark outside – not in the evening when it’s dark – just in the morning.
- I only eat fishy things….(other than people salami which I admit to enjoying a teeny tiny piece of once in a while).
- I MUST have a clean litterbox at all time. I run to tell my Mom I’ve used it and get her to follow me down to the basement to clean it out – I watch her CAREFULLY to make sure she’s done it!
- I truly hate being in a car. On the way to the vet once a year (hopefully that’s as often as I have to go!) I hide my head under my Mom’s arm – Mom says if I don’t SEE that we’re moving then I’m OK.
- I love the place where I have to go when my parents go away for more than two days. It’s a wonderful kennel run by two nuns whose mission is to take care of animals. They spoil me rotten!
- I really enjoy listening to classical music – very much.
- When the doorbell rings I run fast as my legs can taken me to the basement. I do NOT like strangers! If the doorbell rings on TV I do the same thing…..HAHA
- I love all my blogging buddies – they make my life so much fun!
Now to answer Dinnermintz’ questions!
- Favorite Music: Classical
- Do you have an animal or creature that frightens you? I’m “wary” of other animals and creatures but not frightened. THINGS frighten me though like the vacuum cleaner!
- Do you have a big family? Nope – just Mom and Dad. Neither of them has a big family either. We’re just a cozy little bunch! Also, I’m an ONLY cat!
- Have you ever run away from home when little? Yes! Just once…..my Mom was with “baby” me on the trail in our woods and thought she’d try taking off my leash/harness since it was daylight and she was with me. Well, I was good for a few minutes then decided to chase a bug into some sticker bushes where Mom couldn’t go…..she tried to get around them or through them but I was little and went right through and kept going! Mom called and called for me but I wouldn’t come back. She looked and looked then came back into the yard and sat in a chair and waited – about 30 minutes later one very tired and scared little kitten (me) came back and apologized!
- Favorite toy when I was little: A wad of paper. I loved to play fetch with paper. Mom could wad up any kind of paper – any size – and throw it and I’d run and get it and bring it right back to her. Wouldn’t do it with toys – just paper wads.
- What do you miss the most sometimes? Well, I’ve never know anything but HERE other than a few days at the shelter before my humans adopted me…..I do miss my Mom and Dad a whole lot when they leave me for a night or two. I make it perfectly clear that even though they left me plenty of food and water while they were gone I missed them and I expect them NEVER to do that again (which they ignore of course).
- Do you tell people your age or fib? I don’t mind admitting to being thirteen years old! Also neither of my humans have a problem telling their real ages. Mom is 64 and Dad is 67 – so there!
- What would you like to be remembered for? For being a loving and special cat – just like my Mom has had before me.
- Have you ever been on a plane trip? Nope…..don’t like loud noises – my parents have their own airplane and I could ride in it since there’s room for me (it’s a little 2-seater) BUT no way would I enjoy it – EVER. My parents LOVE to travel though on plans, boats, trains, cars….whatever!
- Who do you admire the most and why? I know some very brave animals thanks to blogging. Blind cats and dogs, deaf cats and dogs, animals with fewer than four legs – any animal who just loves life and makes the most of being here has my admiration. I hope I can be that brave if something ever happens to me.
- Blog or Facebook – which is more rewarding? Blogging definitely. Facebook is fun for quick connections and maintaining friendships but blogging is about my life and having adventures in the blogosphere…..
Now who would like to follow the meme??? I’m supposed to pick ELEVEN of my friends…………….I honestly would MUCH rather say “if you’d like to play along with the meme, please do!!!” – so any of you who read my blog and want to answer my questions (below) PLEASE DO! 😀 😀 😀
My Questions For You:
- If you could be another animal, what would it be and why?
- Do you wear a collar? If so, what color is it and does it have tags on it?
- Do you like cold weather or warm weather?
- Water, milk, or “something else” for a favorite drink?
- What’s your FAVORITE toy?
- What do you do when your human calls your name out loud?
- Do you watch TV and if so, what do you watch?
- Do you ask for treats or do you just get them from time to time anyway?
- Where’s your favorite napping place?
- What’s your favorite time of day?
- What’s something that you really truly do NOT NOT NOT like?
So – there you have it………some stuff about me, some answers to questions from Dinnermintz (don’t you love her name??) and if you’d like to play along with the meme, some questions you should answer.
Now before I forget……….remember that Henry’s birthday is TOMORROW and Odin’s is June 1 OK?????? Both are having special celebrations so don’t miss out!
Remember Odin from our camping trip??? He brought SNACKS!!!!!
Henry is one of the boys at My Three Moggies – he’s going to be SIX!
Everybody have a grand Thursday…………………..I’m going to!
Kitty Hugs, Sammy 😀 😀 😀
Okee Dokeee Friends and Neighbors!
What a Teaser yesterday was huh? My Grandmom’s ancient photos really were a bit of a stumper although we DID have some correct guesses as always. Actually the very FIRST right guess was Easy’s Dad who guessed Portugal but then Doggy and Leo got SPECIFIC with their guesses and told us EXACTLY where the photos were taken in Portugal !
Here are the photos again………….
Here’s what Grandmom wrote on the back of each of these photos (which my Mom hadn’t seen until she took them out of Grandmom’s old photo album).
Top photo: Nazare Bottom Photo: Lisbon from St. George in Al Fama
When I posted these yesterday I thought it would be safe in saying that while these were very old photos that had been taken in the late 70s or early 80s, the place probably hadn’t changed much. I suspect that may be true although I bet there are a LOT more people on the beach in that top shot these days than back then! Lots of you thought the photos were in Italy or Greece and I believe there are spots in both of those countries that look very similar to this – my parents have been to Italy and say that’s right about THERE, but Greece (for us) is just a guess.
Anyway, bravo to all of you who even took a stab at it this week since the photo quality was NOT very good. But I thought it would be fun to use old photos and from a place where my parents hadn’t been for a visit but someone in my family HAD!
Who gets hugs this week?
Easy (and his Dad)
Doggy (and his Dad)
AND – I’ve decided starting next week we’ll have an extra added feature on the Tuesday Teaser Tell All. Whoever is FIRST to comment on my Teaser photo CORRECTLY is going to get a special NEW award in addition to my Teaser Hugs………how cool is that? Before I show you the new award, here’s what Easy and Doggy get from me!
And, here’s the official unveiling of the little award that SOMEONE will get every week who is the FIRST to post their correct guess in my comments!!!
WAY COOL HUH?????????????????? Now you have more reason than ever to get here on Tuesday mornings to guess !!
Happy Wednesday Peeps ! Sammy
Did everyone (well not QUITE everyone but LOTS anyway) have a nice 3-day weekend? We did…….we got in lots of R&R (that’s Rest and Relaxation for those of you who never heard of that term before) and food (we all have heard THAT word before!), and some fun thrown in (who doesn’t like that?!?!).
Yesterday was a day of remembering – which is what Memorial Day here is all about. I did that post on my Granddad but also went around to all my friends and read their blogs with their own remembrances and it was one of those “bittersweet” kind of days I suppose.
But today – TODAY is another matter! It’s that time again……..yep – you guys are getting awfully good at these Tuesday Teasers of mine and this one today might not fool you either but one thing I can promise you is that you’ll wonder who on earth took such horrible pictures? Well, it was my Grandmom who took them – my Mom’s Mom – She took them on a trip back in the early 80s with an “Instamatic” camera. She was traveling with a friend and they visited this ONE place although stopped at several cities. My Mom has all my Grandmom’s old photo albums and sadly she didn’t take very good care of all her photos because the albums are a mess. One of these days my Mom says she might get around to taking all of them out and putting them into decent photo albums. In the meantime, see if you can see enough detail in these TWO photos to tell what country she was visiting?????
Sorry about the horrible color – but what can I say? Mom tried to adjust the colors a bit (obiously!!) because the photos were so faded. I wanted to use these because they were INTERESTING! I’m not sure, Easy, but I don’t believe you’ll find a garbage can in sight!!! HAHAHAHAHA
I’ll be anxious to see how many of you guess this one………..I do believe there WILL be some correct guesses though because I have a feeling if you’ve been here (even though these are old photos) this place probably hasn’t change a WHOLE lot from about 35 years ago! Some places are just like that……..stuck in time.
You know what you win right? Those of you who guess correctly will get:
HAVE A FANTASMIC TUESDAY………….Love, Sammy
So have a super duper day…………and I’ll be handing out hugs tomorrow – will YOU be one of those who gets one??????????? Hmmmmm?????????????????
Today it’s Memorial Day in the US of A and Mom and I are doing some remembering. It’s a day to remember all those who have served in the armed forces and really just remembering how much they sacrificed for all of us.
As many of you who know me and Mom know, my Grandfather served in the Air Force. This is him when he was just a lad in high school (I think it’s his high school graduation photo):
He joined the Army Air Corps before there even WAS an Air Force and he really REALLY wanted to be a pilot. Back in those days though unless you had perfect vision, you couldn’t fly a plane and he was rather upset about that! He loved flying (and actually DID fly thanks to some of his buddies…tee hee). He also loved traveling and seeing the world and after he married my Grandmom and they had kids they traveled as a family. They lived in Germany, Taiwan, several places in the United States and traveled on vacation to many, MANY more places. He loved serving his country until he retired and remained a very VERY patriotic man for all of his days.
My Granddad passed away in 1992. He’s buried in the absolutely gorgeous Arlington National Cemetery.
The flag banner to celebrate Memorial Day!
There are many people who have tales of having served in the armed forces – but today in my house we’re thinking of my Granddad and how much he loved wearing that Air Force uniform – my Mom still has his “dress uniform” hat in his old footlocker…..Memorial Day is just one day out of many that we honor him and all who served.
Have a super Monday! Whatever it is that you’re doing today………………stop and REMEMBER……………………..
Long may she wave….
MEMORIAL DAY KITTY HUGS FROM SAMMY TO ALL OF YOU !!
ALERT – – – ALERT – – – TOMORROW IS TUESDAY TEASER…..(tee hee)