What’s Hodge-Podge mean? Well, I’m glad that you asked………..
“Hodge-podge is a word used to describe a confused or disorderly mass or collection of things; a “mess” or a “jumble”. The UK term is hotchpotch”
So I guess I could have called it Hotchpotch Thursday too! Point is I have several things to share today.
One is my good little piggy friend Bacon from Pig Love awarded me the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I do have this one already but reading his “Share Seven Facts” which were really fun, made me realize that maybe I should do that AGAIN! So here’s the award:
I’m to link back to him (see Bacon above!)…..post the award (done)…..then share seven facts about me and nominate other awards.
Well here’s my seven things!
1. I pout when my parents BOTH leave at the same time to go somewhere together. I sit in the living room and move my mouth like I’m meowing but don’t make a sound…..I just try to look as pitiful as possible and make them think I’m saying “please don’t go!”. If just one of them is going, I don’t do this – I’m just FINE!
2. I love it when Mom gets home from the grocery store. I have to inspect every bag thoroughly. If she puts some of the bags on the counter instead of the floor where I can see them, I’ll poke my paws WAY UP HIGH and try to pull the bags down (in 13 years this has never worked though….I can’t reach that high!!).
3. When I was little, and Mom and I went for a walk early in the morning in the dark, sometimes I’d put my paws up on her knees and meow for her to pretty please pick me up. She’d carry me around the yard and let me sniff the tree branches and bark – and talk to me the whole time. I liked that. It was “Mommy Time” !
4. The only way I can stand being in the car (which always means I’m going to the V-E-T!) is if I’m in my Mom’s lap, with my head buried under her arm. I don’t want to see anything……Mom says probably I have motion sickness and not seeing out the window helps me STAND it!
5. My eyes are sometimes green and sometimes gold…..if they get VERY DARK BROWN – watch out!
6. I let my Mom and Dad trim my nails at home and always have – Dad holds me and Mom clips…..I behave very well EXCEPT for when Mom is trimming my little extra claws on my extra toes (I’m polydactyl remember)……I really HATE her to trim those – I guess they are extra sensitive or something!
7. I’m not sure how many of my nine lives I’ve already had but I hope I have bunches more and that I can come back as a cat AGAIN AND AGAIN and belong to my very same Mom and Dad……
Now as to nominating other blogs? I actually think almost everyone I know has this one…….if you don’t – please please take it with my blessings and make sure and answer the 7 questions!!
Now, another bit of business is to tell you that if you haven’t done it yet, you should get over to Mollie’s and order a special “cartoonized” drawing of YOU on a custom mousepad! Mollie and her Mom are very artistic….here’s the one she did of me (I was one of her models!!):
If you’d like to have them make one JUST FOR YOU go to Mollie’s and let her know. She has other samples on her blog along with details how to order………AND if you mention that “SAMMY SENT ME” it will count for me to get a special Mollie Treat Box after THREE orders have been placed by peeps who say they heard about the mousepads from ME ME ME!!!!!!
The last thing to tell you is that I’m thinking of organizing something FUN for us to do – not for several weeks though because everybody is really busy with Valentine’s Day and the Blogville Circus and other stuff. What I thought would be fun is a CAMPING TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whatcha think????
Hope you have a terrific HODGE PODGE Thursday…… 😉
Kitty Hugs, Sammy 😀 😀 😀