Hi Friends! Two more exciting things happened to me this week and today I’ll tell you about both of them.
First, my good friends Mollie and Alfie at Mollie’s Dog Treats nominated me for “The Sisterhood Of The World Bloggers Award”……which I decided to give to my Mom since she’s the best blogging secretary around (!). Here’s the award – isn’t it neato looking?
I’m supposed to share seven things about myself but since I gave Mom the award, the “things” will be from her! Then we nominate five other bloggers for the award to pass it on…………Mom – TAKE IT AWAY!!
Sam’s Mom here……seven things about me that I haven’t shared before might be tough – if some of these sound familiar to you they probably ARE (haha):
- I’m a published writer: one mystery novel, one book written with five other women, one childrens book, about a bazillion poems and MANY short stories (and of course I help Sam with his blog!!).
- My very first job was one that required me to have a TOP SECRET security clearance.
- My eyesight is horrible…..I wear no-line bifocals and have worn glasses (or contacts) since I was a teenager (which was around 200 years ago).
- When I was a little kid my older sister (yes Carol I’m telling the world this story) hid pickled pigs feet in my mashed potatoes once – needless to say I had a fit when I “found” them.
- I love reading….I could LIVE in a library if I needed to (assuming there was a takeout restaurant close by that would deliver).
- During my last physical with my doctor I found out I’d shrunk an entire inch…..sadly that inch was lost in my height – not in my “width” (hahahaha).
- I adore Sammy. He’s the most intelligent cat I’ve ever had and I’ve had a lot of cats in my life.
Aw gee……thanks Mom for that #7 thing……I think you’re pretty darn intelligent too – for a human. 😀 😀 😀 Now for my five nominees for the award:
Little Miss Satchie – little Satchie just found out recently she was a little girl…she’s only 12 weeks old and SO adorable! I’m her “honorary” Uncle.
My Three Moggies – three new friends from “across the Pond”
These Days of Mine – my girlfriend kitty Sundae has a Mom who takes super duper photos of sunsets and sunrises on the water
Pedro The Cat – my Hawaiian buddy Pedro is gonna be a superstar one day soon – I’m just SURE of it – Pedro, you can give this one to your human since she’s a she…..!
Clowie’s Corner – another new doggy friend
The second thing that happened this week is my good guinea pig buddies at Hutch A Good Life chose the name I suggested for their new little stuffed animal guinea pig toy their Mum bought for them to play with. They asked all their followers to suggest a name and we suggested FURnando ! That’s the name they gave it – how cool is that? They presented me with a really nice badge. They said I could make an acceptance speech if I wanted to………well, for once I’m at a loss for words!! I thought the name I suggested would be kind of “exotic” sounding and cute for a little guinea piggie (even if it was a stuffed one :D) so that’s why I submitted it. I’m honored that whenever they play with their new little friend, they’ll think of ME!
Whew…………longer than usual blog……..sorry about that……I promise to make my Friday blog a lot shorter OK?
Love to all of you and of course……Sammy Hugs too! 😀 😀 😀