Good Morning All! It’s Monday and we had some bad storms through here last night which brought rain at long last AND cooler temperatures finally. The only bad part was we had very high and scary winds and our electricity popped off several times. That’s why my blog is late in your mailbox this morning – Mom was afraid to get online due to the lightning strikes all around us……EEEEEK! All is calm and rainy and nice this morning though.
So – big news – yesterday I got a brand new award that I’ve never received before! This is the BLOG ON FIRE award and I received it from my very good Parisian friend Texas who immigrated to the USA from France. I’m glad he did because he’s a fun friend and he and his two half-brothers live in New York with their parents.
I am supposed to tell you eight unusual things about myself. I would think that by now most of you know every little thing there IS to know about me but I’ve got my thinking cap on and I’ll give you eight MORE things about me you might not have heard before…. Not sure how UNUSUAL these are, but they are DIFFERENT!
- I love frogs. We have one big frog who lives by our garage and when it rains he comes out and sits on our sidewalk. I will go stand by him and just stare at him for the longest time – then sometimes I give him a very gentle push and it makes him hop! Kind of like a living, breathing frog toy! His name is Freddy.
- I adore my Mom’s sugar-free pomegranate popsicles she often has in the evening as a snack. I hear the plastic wrapper coming off and immediately hop on her recliner and wait for her to come sit down and let me have some! Yum!
- When I was little, a big golden retriever who was visiting next door came into my yard and chased me WAY up in a tree! My Dad had to get a big ladder and climb up to rescue me. Yay Daddy!
- I like to hide behind corners in the house and wait for Mom to come by so I can jump out and scare her. It works every time!
- I love chasing butterflies.
- I like to groom my tail – I hold it in both of my paws (so it will be still!) and give it a good cleaning every few days.
- Whenever I use my litter box I go find my Mom and tell her so she’ll clean it out right away. I MUST have a clean litter box at all time! 😀
- I never, ever in a million years, thought I’d have so many wonderful friends through my blog – honest!
So there you have it…….eight semi-unusual things about me. Now I would like to nominate eight of my friends who I don’t think have this award! All you have to do is link back to me, tell eight unusual things about yourself and nominate eight more bloggers and you’re done!
Hands On Bowie – my handsome gray British Shorthair buddy who recently discovered the joys of nip!
Hutch A Good Life – who can resist these four adorable guinea pigs who live in Jolly Old England?
Nerissa’s Life – Nerissa always has the most interesting blogs and opinions on all kinds of things….I look forward to his updates!
Sparta’s World – My young friend Sparta – it’s such a big world with so many things to learn about!
Long Life Cats and Dogs – One of the newest blogs I’m following – a wonderful blog about rescuing and many OTHER interesting things.
Miao Chronicles – Wonderful updates on a group of gorgeous kitties including Sprocket who looks so very handsome in his little red beret!
Tigger’s Teachings – Another newer blog for me – Tigger is a ginger kitty too!
These Days of Mine – Miss Dianna takes BEAUTIFUL photos of sunrises and sunsets by the water….and her cat Sundae the beautiful calico is my special “girlfriend” ! 😉
So there you have it………another award for my bling collection. I’m so proud of ALL my awards and thank all of you again for being my friends. I look forward to keeping up with ALL of you every single day (or whenever you post!!)………….Stay cool gang!
Kitty Hugs of Thanks, Sammy
P.S. Tomorrow is TEASER TUESDAY (just a reminder!!)